29.11.03

Rainy day

Its raining a lot outside. This is London, and the rain has not rained for many many weeks, we actually have a water shortage. Now the rain wont let up. It just keeps on coming. Over the summer, it was so hot, you couldn't use the underground, it was 120 degrees down there. Thousands of people all breathing each others breath. Yummy. Last week it rained enough rain for 5 weeks in 2 days. My bay window has started to leak. The gutter at the back of the house broke off in a high wind, and now flaps uselessly about, not having been repaired by the landlords.

Tommorrow a huge football match is going on round the corner from me. It is Chelsea versus Man United. This means thousands of wild pissed up lunatics will be let loose on the area later on in the evening. It will not be safe to leave my house alone. The Headhunters will be out in force. And Man U thugs are no better. I hear they've banned Burberry from the 'Nightclub Dress Code', as too many thugs wear it.

I had hoped I would be able to go up town, but as the rain is not letting up, I will stay in and think. This is always a bad idea, as too many thoughts lead to dissatisfaction. As ever, I feel disappointed about life. Appliance play in the background, their sad little tunes hanging forlornly in the air.


May post again later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home