22.5.07

Michael Arnold is Innocent

Wow, I was listening to Radio Three (BBC Classical Station) yesterday, and the news came on. Sir Peter Maxwell Davis, the Queens Classical 'Bod'(TM) has had his long time manager Michael Arnold arrested for alleged fraud of half a million pounds.
Well, my ears pricked up as I knew the Arnolds for several years in the eighties and nineties, and even lived in their house for about 2 years. Judy and Michael were wonderful people, very posh and 'London', but great to me, always very supportive of my musical endeavours, and very encouraging. They never complained about my endless practising - quite the opposite, they were always complimentary.
I cannot believe they have embezzled money from Maxwell Davis. They thought so highly of him, and were so proud to be looking after him. We would chat about how interesting he was, and how good etc. I have albums of his 'stuff' given to me by Michael.
Michael, who is now quite aged, is out on bail for the time being, so watch this space, we may have to go and bust him out if things get too hot....
here is a news item about Maxwell Davis and Arnold's arrest.

3 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting to note that while i always thought Judy was the manager, the press have reported Michael as being the manager. Another blog seems to go with my previous impression, that indeed Jusy is the manager. So much for our non sexist press then.

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

unfortunately it appears it's true. I knew them both as well and worked with them a lot. Judy was lovely but Michael was a nasty piece of work. He ran up terrible gambing debts. (google Michael Arnold and the hendon mob poker group).
incidentally they were both Max's managers, Judy did the artistic and michael the business.

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

worth following up that Michael Arnold has now pleaded guity to this.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home