18.5.04

Corporate Design

I've been trying to get into the headspace of the corporate designer. This is harder than it sounds when you are a die hard underground [see also idiot] member of society. I lost a web job to a competitor because I was obviously lower on the darwinian scale of corporateness evolution in presentation and design. It was pretty humbling, I can tell you. I reckon the best example of no frills corporateness is the ibm website. Everyone should check it out to appreciate the simplicity and user friendliness they employ. I looked at the stylesheet for the homepage, and it has hundreds [approx] of classes, yet they all do very simple things. It's a great tutorial, just studying the site. The one thing Ive always really appreciated about the net is how so much information is available, and there is no excuse for ignorance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home