11.7.07

Good Friends Now Gone

I heard today that a great friend had passed away last week.
I had not been in touch for about 6 months, and so much had happened in that time. We had not seen each other for about a year, but had had several long telephone conversations. He had not been entirely truthful about his illness and why he was staying 'in the country'.

He helped me be who I am now and I would not have had the confidence to do what I have done without him.
He gave me my first opportunities at web design and took me seriously when others thought I was playing.
He paid me well and I would not have survived two years freelancing without him.
I will miss him a lot.
We shared our eccentricities and our evil humour, we laughed at adversity and made dirty jokes. We got on well, even when we fell out.

Be seeing you, you old sod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home