13.4.04

Best guitar in the world ever, possibly....

Last week I played the best guitar I have ever had the pleasure of playing. It was the Ronnie Lane Gibson J200 double scratchplate job that is at the moment hanging on the wall in Andys, Denmark St, London. Andy and I go back quite a while, and he has always done great deals for me on various instruments Ive had over the years. I hadn't seen him in ages, but he happily let me try all the most expensive guitars on the walls and told the kids to leave me be. [Always appreciated Andy.] This Gibson was listed at £3950.00 or something astronomical, but I never let such things put me off. It was fantastic really, worth the money if you have it. I managed to hear myself above the struggling middle aged rag time enthusiasts, and the painful lead players downstairs, and the other guitar for me of choice was the Guild D25 at £1500, a great sound, to be expected from Guild. [I used to have a similar D25, but sold it for a paltry sum, and have regretted it ever since.] So, if you are interested in some lovely examples of vintage instruments, get down to Andy's, as he's got some good ones in at the moment...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home